Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lambing is over, onto gardening!

Around 2:00 a.m. the last ewe had a set of twins in the cold night. We had a hard frost last night but no wind, thankfully. Hey, it could have been the night before when we woke up to 3" of new snow and snow on and off through the day! Will it never end? It's supposed to be 70 degrees this weekend. I'll let you know if that happens or maybe I won't...I'll be outside if it's that nice.

Got a lot of spring crop seeds planted in the garden last weekend, broccoli, spinach, lettuces and snow peas. Onion sets both red and yellow will get planted today. Then most of the rest will wait for Mother's Day. I have some potatoes sprouting in my store room so they are next. I made some homemade protective cloth out of sewing feed bags together and making little frames out of woven leftover sheep fencing. Ha. Hey...cheap is creative! What a mess the feed sacks made in my sewing room. I had to clean the whole room...which wasn't a bad thing really. It's looking nice and spiffy. I even took down my indoor clothes dryer (a folding wooden rack thing) and now am using the outdoor line again. Of course with the weather, I haven't been able to do laundry when I please but the wind makes up for it...dries them quickly if I can keep them on the line!

Have a great day. I'm going to clean up my lambing supplies kit and put it away for another year and get those onions planted today. Later.
Jami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...