Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Snow and shearing, not a good mix.

Snowy weather has returned. I know it's still winter but the reprieve was nice. We are set to shear this Sunday but may have to cancel if the ewes are wet. Wet sheep and shearing don't work. The fleeces cannot be stored wet, for one reason, and the shearer's equipment won't work on wet sheep either. Right now everyone has a snowy back. If it warms up they will hopefully melt off and dry but I'm not holding my breath. Might have to postpone shearing. We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic blog and an amazing post.

    I hope you don't mind but I'd like to follow your blog.

    Steady On
    Reggie Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to have you join in on my ramblings. Enjoyed your blog and will add yours to mine too. Take care. Jami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crossing my fingers for you - its pretty cold in Yakima right now & a bit damp too.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...